Emrikian, Xu, Mardov Invited to '17 World Cadets in Brazil
- Written by Bill Feldman Bill Feldman
- Published: 08 April 2017 08 April 2017
The US Chess Federation has invited 89 players to the 2017 World Cadets Chess Championships based on rating, three from Illinois!
The competition will be held August 21 - 31 in Pocos de Caldas, Brazil.
Dimitar Mardov and Arthur Xu were invited for the Under 10 competition and Aren Emrikian for the Under 8 section.
They will be part of the US delegation -- but it remains to be seen if they might be named the "official representative" for their respective age category.
According to US Chess:
- A player’s age for this tournament is his/her age as of January 1, 2017.
- 2017 February Supplement is used for ratings determination
- The FIDE World Cadets is an open tournament and any US Chess member who meets the age requirement for an age group may play.
- Details concerning the 2017 World Cadets tournament are currently found at the organizers’ website – https://www.wccc2017.com/.
- Players should contact Jerry Nash as soon as possible to confirm their participation and to receive additional registration information.
It is believed that both Aren (Under 8) and Arthur (Under 10) are the next-to-top rated in their respective age group based on the critical February ratings.