Announcements for the 2017-2018 Warren Junior Scholar class -- and the ICA's Rising Stars for the same academic year -- have gone out weeks ago. Sunday, October 1 is the deadline for parents to return the permission form and memorandum of understanding.
Although well over half of the designees have had their forms returned, there are dozens who have not yet responded.
The exciting programs are getting ready to launch -- so it's essential that all who intend to be included get their paperwork in by the October 1 deadline as requested.
WJS Program Director Rose Grandy has been hard at work developing the greatest possible program given budgetary constraints, but the 2017-2018 year promises to be quite rewarding to participants.
Between the two programs, more than 150 invitiations went out. Those invitations were largely based on June 2017 US Chess rating supplements although there are other factors according the WJS rules.
A November 18th Training and Awards Day is already on the docket.
- 2018 Illinois Tour Schedule Announced
- ICA Election cycle underway - Call for Nominations
- ICA's 2017 Annual Meeting Scheduled for November 18
- Opportunities Available To Serve as Delegate to US Chess Business Meetings in Wisconsin During Late Summer of '18
- ICA Seeks Downstate Board Member
- Volunteeers Sought for ICA Bid Committee